本文にジャンプします
メニューにジャンプします

Chronology

Chronology

Port of Mikawa Toyohashi Area

chronology

Port of Mikawa Toyohashi Area

1669   Lighthouse was built on the Maeshiba coast.
1936 March The Toyogawa River Port, Maeshiba Port, Muro Port, and Osaki Port were consolidated into one -the "Toyohashi Port"- which becomes a national "designated port."
1962 May The Toyohashi Port, Gamagori Port, Tahara Port, and Nishiura Port were combined to form the "Port of Mikawa" (under the Ports and Harbors Act) and were placed under the administration of Aichi Prefecture.
1964 April The Port of Mikawa was promoted to the status of "Major Port."
  Sept. The Higashi Mikawa area was designated as a Special Area for Industrial Consolidation.
1970 Oct. The Osaki area was established as a location for Third Sector development.
Development of industrial sites began.
1971 April First vessel (Settsu-maru, 447 t) entered Jinno Wharf.
1972 May Toyohashi Port was opened as an international trading port.
1973 Jan. First international vessel (Ougiyama-maru, 1,992 t) entered Jinno Wharf.
Toyohashi Port became a designated port under the Immigration Control Order.
  Aug. Toyohashi Port became a designated port under the Plant Protection Act.
1975 Aug. Toyohashi Port became a designated port under the Port Transportation Business Act.
1978 Nov. Toyohashi Port was designated an animal quarantine port under the Domestic Animal Infectious Diseases Control Act.
1981 March Higashi Mikawa Coastal Road was opened, connecting Jinno and Funato.
1982 Jan. Toyohashi Port was designated as a radio pratique port.
  July Mikawa Port Bridge was completed.
1986 March First 12 m deep berth was completed at Jinno Wharf.
Jinno Bridge was completed.
1988 April Toyohashi Port was designated as a quarantine port.
1990 March Higashi Mikawa Coastal Road was expanded to four lanes between Jinno and Tamonda.
1992 July Portion of the Jinno Area was designated as a Designated Bonded Area.
  Oct. Mikawa Port Interchange was opened.
1996 Feb. Mikawa Port Bridge was expanded to four lanes (from Tamonda to Midorigahama).
1997 March Jinno Bridge was expanded to four lanes.
  Oct. Toyohashi Port, Gamagori Port, and Tahara Port were combined into the Port of Mikawa, which was designated as a specified port (under the Port Regulations Act).
Celebrations mark the port's 25th anniversary as an international trading port.
  Nov. Sailing ship "Kaiou-maru" entered port.
1998 Nov. The Port of Mikawa Toyohashi Container Terminal went in operation.
Regular international container liner service began.
1999 April Construction of Nakayama Channel Route began.
  June Regular domestic container liner service began.
2000 Dec. The Port of Mikawa was designated as an animal quarantine port under the Domestic Animal Infectious Diseases Control Law.
2001 Aug. Regular container shipments between Japan and South Korea increased to three per week.
2002 April Rokujogata Bridge and Nishihama Bridge were completed.
  June Regular container liner service to Dalian and Qingdao began.
  Aug. Regular container liner service to Shanghai began.
2003 April The Port of Mikawa was designated as a Recycling Port.
  May The Port of Mikawa was certified as a Special International Automobile Zone.
2004 March First berth was completed at Jinno West Wharf Quay No. 8.
  June Regional Rejuvenation Plan "International Automobile Industry & Trade City Plan" was approved.
2005 March Nakayama Channel Route was completed.
Regular Japan-China container liner service began.
  July Port Information Center was built.
2008 April Gantry crane at Jinno West Wharf Quay No. 8 went into operation.
2010 Aug. The Port of Mikawa was selected as one of major emphasis ports.